Saturday, June 7, 2014

Vera Falls, one of nature’s wonder

          Many years ago, I heard about the presence of a beautiful falls, which is considered as a  hidden treasure of Malinao, Albay.  It’s one of the favorite place of Back packers, mountaineers and adventurists.  Calendars, particularly those from Land Bank of the Philippines, often highlighted the said falls.  I became curious and wanted to see the falls myself.

         Said falls was named after the Parish Priest of Estacia, Malinao, Rev.  Fr. Vicente Jose C. Vera,  who discovered and revealed the presence of the lovely falls to a group of back packers in the late 1980’s during his parochial assignment in the area.




         Last April 19, together with my family, I had the chance to visit the place.  Wonderful! I really love the view.  The cascading white water of approximately 25 meter into the crystal blue lagoon really captured my admiration. The water was cold and clear.  The falls was surrounded by lushes of green forest. Any lover nature would love the place.

         Said falls was named after the Parish Priest of Estacia, Malinao, Rev.  Fr. Vicente Jose C. Vera,  who discovered and revealed the presence of the lovely falls to a group of mountain climbers and back-packers in the late 1980’s during his parochial assignment in the area. 

         Group of people, young and old , were there. Some are having picnics, some are swimming,  some are enjoying bathing at the cascading water while some are just gazing, admiring the view . All of them are having fun. No wonder, on holidays, and during hot summer season, said falls is frequently visited.

          In my case, I felt the warm embrace of nature and it calmed my senses.  All of my stress were flowed out by  the running water. The view really amazed me.  My sense of adventure was satisfied.

           I remember my sister, Aleli, who loves high-end adventure nature and who already visited so many tourists destinations within the country.  I can feel it that she will also love the place.  But, she will not be contented with just viewing and swimming but she will do trekking and other adventures.

          The once hidden treasure of Malinao was revealed, and now popular. According to a tourist guide from Soa, the barangay,  where the falls was located,  its frequent visitors were mostly from other places. It can already be reached by a car, since roads going to the area was already built.  A cemented stair with railings was constructed for safe passage to the falls.

           Other tourists’ destination have entrance fee, but not in Vera Falls. When we go there, nobody was collecting any fee, so I assumed that it’s free of charge.  As I look around the place, there was no poster about any rule or policy to be observed by its visitors. I was concerned because a “treasure” like the Vera falls must be preserved and protected.  I just hope, that its visitors will be concerned in protecting the environment of said falls.

         For your information:
  •  The road going to the area of the falls are accessible by               motorbikes or any 4-wheel vehicles.
  •  There is a  concrete free parking space for vehicles.
  •  It is advisable to bring a change of clothes and towel.
  •  There is no facility for restroom and changing room.
  •   Bring your own food and water.  There are no canteen or      restaurant within or nearby the area.
  •  There is no entrance fee but it is advisable to register first with   the barangay captain (village political      head) and arrange    for a local guide.
  •  The trek down the falls via concrete steps with railings will       take 5-10 minutes.
  •   And, leave nothing but footprints. 
other Adventures:




No comments:

Post a Comment